We had such an awesome Summer! Despite the Florida heat we always have such a great time with our friends and family. I don’t think there were very many days that we didn’t have plans, which was a great thing!
I put together a bucket list of things we wanted to do with the kids this Summer, and thought it would be fun to check in and see what we were able to accomplish.
- Go on a road trip – Yes! We did this when we drove up to Orlando to go camping.
- Go camping – Yes! Read all about our fun RV adventure here.
- Go to a water park – Yes! We went to several local ones and then went to Blizzard Beach in Disney – we had a blast! It was the perfect way to cool down from the heat.
- Spend full days at the beach – Yes! We did this a few times and had a great time!
- Grill out with family/friends – We didn’t have an “official” grill out, but did grill a lot and invited some family or friends over. It’s so hot to eat outside, I think I may have an official grill out when the weather cools down a bit.
- Pool days – Yes! We basically lived at the pool. My daughter learned how to swim, and son got over his fear of the water which is great!
- Take the kids pony riding – No. Another one we are going to save for cooler weather.
- Make homemade ice cream – No. I totally forgot about wanting to do this. A lot of ice cream was consumed though, because – Summer!
What did you do this Summer? Were you able to accomplish what you wanted to?