Lately I have been obsessed with London Fog Tea Lattes. I tend to get bored/tired of coffee every morning and have been searching for something that equally as creamy and delicious and something that I can actually finish. I have a bad habit of always leaving half of my coffee. Part of it is that my mornings are always busy with the kids, and the other part is that I find that I get tired or ‘enough’ of it and I’m not interested in it anymore. I’ve always loved teas, and have been trying to pick the perfect tea drink to satisfy my craving in the morning for something warm, comforting and delicious. Enter the London Fog Tea Latte! It so simple to make, and I love that it has a hint of vanilla – it’s not just tea and milk. You feel like you’re indulging in a drink every morning.
I look forward to waking up each morning and having one of these, and usually have another in the afternoon. It’s such a cozy drink, and hits the spot… it’s also a lot cheaper than buying it at Starbucks (double win!)
- 8 oz of srongly brewed Earl Gray Tea
- 4 oz of milk (your choice) I use whole mink and a splash of half & half
- ¼ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Granulated sugar to taste - I use a little less than a teaspoon.
- Brew Earl Gray tea - let it steep a little longer than the box's steep time says to ensure it's strong.
- While the burner is still hot (but not on) add the milk and let it heat up with the tea
- Meanwhile in your mug, add your sugar and vanilla extract
- Pour tea/milk into your mug and enjoy!