This soup is perfect for non soup lovers, like my husband – it is very hearty, loaded with protein and yummy veggies. He commented how delicious it was and went back for seconds, so I’d say it was a success!
Lentil, Sausage and Spinach Soup
- 2-3 – tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 – stalks of celery, chopped
- 2 – medium carrots, chopped
- 2 – leeks washed and chopped (learn how to wash leeks here – it’s really easy)
- 3 – uncooked Italian mild sausage, sliced
- 2 – gloves of garlic, minced
- 1 – 28oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup – lentils washed and drained
- 1 – 9oz bag of spinach
- 1/4 cup – parmesan cheese
- In a large pot saute leeks, carrots and garlic until tender (about 5 minutes) add sausage slices and cook 2-3 minutes until sausage starts to brown.
- Add chicken broth, crushed tomatoes, and lentils to the pot. Stir and bring to a boil. Simmer covered for 35-40 minutes, until lentils are tender. Stir in spinach and parmesan cheese just before serving. Add more cheese for a garnish.
Have you tried any new soup recipes that you’ve loved?