Grilled Corn Salad
- 5 ears fresh corn, in the husk
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 of a small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 small cucumber, seeded & finely chopped
- 1/2 small red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
Grill your corn on a hot grill – I took mine our of the husks, but you can certainly grill them in the husks for about 15 minutes. When cool enough to handle, stand the corn cobs upright on a cutting board and using a sharp knife, cut straight down, slicing the kernels from the cob. Set aside.
Whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, honey, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl until fully combined. Add the corn, onion, cucumber, bell pepper, and mint; toss gently until everything is coated.
I am in love with this salad! We refrigerated the leftover salad and it kept well for about 3 days! This is the perfect side dish for grilled chicken, ribs or steak – it would also be a great side for fish, seriously anything!