I’m sitting here this morning, cup of coffee in hand and hearing the rain fall outside. Any time it rains I get the desire to eat all things comforting. There’s something about the coziness of the rain that screams comfort food. We made this chili a few nights back; I shared it on my IG stories and a few of you said you would like the recipe – so here it is!
This was one of the easier chilis we’ve made. No fuss ingredients and it’s done in no time, it would be the perfect weeknight meal. The kids don’t normally like chili but they really liked this one! They kept saying how good it was and both cleaned their plates. I think it helped we let them add their own sour cream, cheese and let them dress up their bowls with goldfish;).
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped sweet onions
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ¼ cup chopped yellow bell peppers
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed organic tomatoes, un-drained
- 1 (16-ounce) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 11/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- In a large skillet, saute onions, garlic and bell peppers in olive oil over medium heat until onions are translucent. Add ground turkey and cook until browned.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir well to combine. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
I had this as leftovers for a couple of days and it tasted just as good, if not even better. If you’re craving come comfort food – I highly recommend this recipe.
Also – I decided to extend my Beautycounter Charcoal Cleansing Bar giveaway if you haven’t entered yet, enter here!!
Have a happy Monday Friends!
recipe from Food Network