Happy Monday friends!
I hope everyone’s weekend was great! We finally had a day without rain and it happened to coincide with a kids party, so that worked out great! We all had a great time and got to spend the day with many of our friends.
A couple of weeks back we had some friends over for an impromptu dinner. While those are my favorite, it’s always a mad rush to get the house looking presentable – I think the best cleaning gets done when people are minutes from coming over, haha. It’s amazing how much you can do when the clock is ticking! The other thing is figuring out what you’re going to make. Hubby had dinner covered, but I wanted to make something for dessert that was equally as easy as it was delicious. I scoured Pinterest (duh.) and found a recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars. It automatically caught my attention because I love both desserts, so why not combine them? They turned out to be one of the most delicious desserts I have ever made; the cheese and the chocolate pair so well together and it was so easy to throw together.
- 1 18 oz roll refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line a 9-inch square baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Spread a little more than half of the cookie dough onto the bottom of the baking dish and press down firmly creating an even layer.
- Using a stand mixer or hand held mixer, beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add in the sugar and beat until combined.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Pour the cheesecake filling over the top of the cookie dough base.
- Crumble the remaining cookie dough over the top.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Let cool completely before cutting into bars - refrigerating for an hour or two after they cool down would be best.
I’m no food photographer, but don’t these look delicious?! They were really good the day of, but I must say they were so much better the next day after being in the refrigerator for a few hours. When cutting the bars you don’t need to cut them too big, because they are decadent – a small square does the trick!
Let me know if you make these, they are unbelievably delicious!