It’s been a while since I’ve shared blogging tips, and why not share some tips on a subject you’re passionate about? I know all of these articles came handy when I was starting up, and there always nice to use as a checklist on your own blog.
I’ve rounded out 5 things that I think every blog needs in order to keep readers coming back.
The first way someone is drawn to your blog or not is by your homepage. In the first few seconds your reader decides whether they are going to stay on your site, or if they are going to click out. Just like when you first meet someone, first impressions are important!
Here are a few things to incorporate in your blog to keep your readers coming back for more:
1) Clean design – This is the FIRST thing people see! You don’t have to spend tons of money on a design, but it’s important to have something that’s clean, has legible font and catches the eye.
2) About me – Every blog needs to have a page where they can learn about the writer and see what the whole blog is about. It’s so important for it to include a picture of you, your name and that it is written in your own tone. You also want to add a description of things you’ll be writing about and what you’re vision is so you’re audience knows what you’re about and what to expect when they read your blog and they’re able to put a face to your posts.
3) Contact – Brands and readers should have a place were they can contact you if need be for any collaborations or questions they have. I love hearing from my readers and potential brands!
4) Search – This is so important so that you’re readers can search topics you’ve blogged about and easily find specific things. You don’t how how many times I’ve used this on other blogs, it’s such a time saver and a lot of times leads to other great posts that you may have missed!
5) Social media accounts with same handles – this is a great way for your readers to be able to connect with you but also a way for brands to follow you and request to work with you. When creating your handles you want to make sure they’re all the same or as similar as possible so that you’re easy to find.
If you guys are still struggling with improving your blog, it may be worth contacting a design agency such as Cefar Design, to help you out a little. What are some other things you love for people to include in their blogs that you feel are beneficial?